Hemet San Jacinto Genealogical Society (HSJGS)
The HSJGS was established in 1976 to research and record the histories of the membership, individual and collective forefathers, and today continues to serve the genealogical needs of the Hemet San Jacinto community and beyond. HSJGS is a non-profit 501c3 organization whose purposes and objectives are:
- To establish and maintain common interest in fostering research programs.
- To promote public interest in family history.
- To uphold high standards already acknowledged in the field of genealogy affairs.
- To encourage active participation in community and cultural affairs and to strive for the preservation of historical records.
The HSJGS is located in the Duffin Heritage Room at the Hemet Public Library at 300 E. Latham, Hemet, California 92546. Our genealogy research room houses a huge collection of book, periodicals, maps and much more.
In addition to our collection of books, we have 4 computers and 4 printers, with subscriptions for Ancestry, NEHGS "American Ancestors", Fold3, GenealogyBank and Newpapers.com, for patron use, along with a microfilm reader/printer. Our friendly volunteers are available to help you with your genealogical questions.
Operating Year: June 2020 - May 2021
Society General Meeting
1st Thursday of each month*
Hemet Public Library
300 E. Latham
Hemet, CA 92543
Upstairs conference room.
*We do not meet June July or August
We invite you to join our society and partake of the many benefits membership provides.
- Monthly Meeting with latest information on current and upcoming events within the genealogical community. Listening to interesting, knowledgeable speakers.
- Free or discounted admission to HSJGS workshops and special lectures.
- Quarterly newsletter and membership roster.
- Access to genealogical research material, books, CD's and Society publications.
- Opportunity to meet others researching the same surnames or geographic areas.
- Fun, raffles, and great social events at every meeting.
Join us by clicking Membership * print and fill out the application form, make check payable to HSJGS and mail to address shown on form.
* If after clicking on membership a new window does not pop up please check your pop up blocker settings.